PRODUCTION POSITIONS AVAILABLE NOW
We are looking for a talented and motivated Production Coordinator for our 2019-2020 Season! Here are the details:
In cooperation with the Board of Directors and staff of Palo Alto Players, the PRODUCTION COORDINATOR, as a member of the production staff, shall be responsible jointly to the PRODUCTION MANAGER/TECHNICAL DIRECTOR and ARTISTIC DIRECTOR of Palo Alto Players, and shall in accordance with the master production schedule:
- Have no other commitments during the period of this contract that will interfere with the fulfillment of said contract.
- Work cooperatively with other members of the production staff to develop a unified production.
- Maintain a positive attitude, and encourage such among all stakeholders, throughout the process.
- Assist Production Manager with scheduling and running auditions/callbacks, including coordinating actor communication.
- Monitor the master production calendar, identifying and alerting contract and regular staff to key dates and deadlines.
- Attend and actively participate in production and design meetings. Take and distribute accurate and complete meeting notes for both production staff and PAP staff in a timely manner.
- Actively follow up on unanswered open questions and issues brought up during production meetings and rehearsal notes, ensuring no issue is left unresolved.
- Solely responsible for sourcing and hiring show run crew in accordance with the needs of the production and in alignment with the production budget.
- Act as an additional ‘eye’ on production, identifying problems early, brainstorming solutions, and troubleshooting when necessary.
- Coordinate the acquisition, copying, distribution, and final collection of scripts among production staff and cast.
- Attend and assist Production Manager at first rehearsal, designer run, sitzprobe, first rehearsal on stage, Q2Q, each tech week rehearsal, opening night, and strike.
- Assist with second stage, staged readings, or special events (as available).
- Assist Production Manager and Artistic Director with other administrative duties as assigned.
- Be a Palo Alto Players ambassador whenever on the premises, actively and pleasantly engaging with all stakeholders.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in stage management or production management in a community or regional theater setting.
- Careful, proven attention to detail in a theatrical setting.
- Excellent personal organization skills including detailed, complex calendar management.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills to communicate complex instructions and information to disparate constituencies.
- At least basic knowledge of theatrical systems, including lighting, sound, rigging, and projections.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of constituents including creatives, cast, administrative staff, technical crews and volunteers.
- Knowledge of theatre literature and tradition
- Effective verbal and writing skills
- Strong problem recognition/avoidance/resolution skills.
This is a season-long contract position, paid a stipend for each production. Interested applicants please send a resume and letter of interest to: productionjobs [at] paplayers [dot] org.
Palo Alto Players is also contracting now for future shows and seasons.
We are seeking the following directors, designers, and technicians:
Directors & Choreographers
To apply for a position, please send your resume and portfolio/web address (if applicable) to: productionjobs [at] paplayers [dot] org
Please mention your desired position(s) in the subject line of your email.